Yes, Carboplak can also supply the related accessories
Yes, cellular polycarbonate sheets can be cold-bent to a bending radius calculated as sheet thickness mm x 150
To clean CARBOPLAK sheets:
- Under no circumstances should aqueous solutions containing solvents or abrasive and aggressive substances be used.
- As a rule, use warm but not hot, non-alkaline soap solutions (detergents) and soft
- Repeat the operation several times if
- Rinse with lukewarm water and wipe gently with a soft
- Small surface scratches due to abrasion can be removed with polishing paste, which should be spread on the board before rinsing with warm water or before using the non- aggressive
- Traces of grease and fresh paint can be removed by quickly and gently applying either alcohol, petrol or a non-aggressive solvent to the plate. It can also be rinsed immediately and thoroughly with warm water containing a mild detergent.
The polycarbonate sheets are protected against scratches on both sides with a thin polyethylene film, and the UV-protected side of the sheets has the polyethylene film printed on it. The polyethylene film on the reverse side is completely transparent. We recommend that the protective films are only removed when the installation work has been completed, precisely to avoid the risk of the boards being installed incorrectly.
CARBOPLAK sheets should be drilled using high-speed conical drills (1,000 to 1,500 rpm). Holes should be drilled no closer than 10 mm from the edge of the sheet. Make sure that the diameters of the holes are larger than those of the screws (e.g. 10 – 12 mm for 6 mm screws), in order to take into account the expansion phenomenon.
Polycarbonate sheets are mechanically fixed with self-tapping screws with gasket, taking into account the coefficient of thermal expansion: 6.5 X10-5K-1 corresponding to an expansion of 0.065 mm/mx 0C. Provision should be made to fix the plate in a suitable structure.
The frame in which the CARBOPLAK plates will be fixed can be made of plastic, aluminium or metal. It is recommended to provide for the fixing of the plate in a suitable structure. The following expansion joints must be provided for each fixing: